The Contingency Plan

Monday, May 10, 2004

Transformers

Being the little nerd that I am, I'm very curious to see how the upcoming Transformers game will fare. Does anyone else remember and have oh-so fond memories of that cartoon? It's always interesting to see how developers turn legendary movies/TV shows into games.

Out of the recent Matrix, Lord of the Rings, The Terminator and Harry Potter lot, I think the only two that have been decent have been the 007 and Star Wars games (I worked on the PR team of one of the two major consoles companies, which totally sucked me into the whole scene). Transformers however, is being developed here in Oz, so I hope it'll be reasonable.

Anyhow, talking about transformers, I'm totally sick of the way I look (and what a segue!). I desperately need a new image and we're talking a new haircut, new clothes - the lot. I'm totally bored. My only problem is that I've put on a little weight in recent times, it's nothing stressful or serious, but means that I can occassionally get really mad at the way clothes are made - it's not just catwalk models who want to wear the latest.

I recently went into a boutique designer store that only stocks small sizes. I discovered this when I required a medium and was disdainfully told by the snooty shop assistant that they don't make any - how ridiculous! Yes, I have hips so I can diet as much as I like and still won't fit into a small (tried that in the past).

Anyhow, we all know the arguments of how the fashion and media industries place ridiculous pressures on women to look a certain way, but fuck them; I'm not going to let this stop me from looking fabulous - these foolish and irresponsible designers can just loose out on my sweet, sweet plastic money.

I'll keep you updated on how both transformers fare... xx
posted by kazumi at 12:53 pm