The Contingency Plan

Monday, May 01, 2006

Happy birthday to me (kinda)

It's "The Contingency Plan's" 2nd birthday today! Yay!

So in true form I've prepared something special for y'all... ... ... ...

Incase you've missed the last year

Relationships

I finally created a list of characters who play a leading role in my life

Dealt with family crap, which included an argument with my mother (from which we still haven't recovered) and later recalled the loss of her epicurian art

Saw my Dad for the first time in a year and even though we speak, he and Mum still drive me nuts (like I'm sure most parents do) so I wrote a very theraputic post about it

Totally fell in love with Luc's blood yet found my relationship with him a little trying with all the long hours he works and the very little time we spend together

Events

Went to Penelope's mother's wedding

Boarded a plane with an active ten month old baby and travelled 12,515 kms (7,776 miles) to spend a month in Vancouver, Canada with Luc's family. We loved it, went nuts and put a small deposit on a gorgeous house in mountain-side house overlooking a golf course. Sydney didn't respond well to the rejection and click here if you want a recap of the trip

Luc did something extremely unwise. We sold our great luxury car for a cheaper version, buckled down for a few months and managed to totally repay the debt, relationships (just barely) intact, thank God!!

Hugo turned one and we held a ripper of a party (you should go to Nov 14 to see all the pictures)

We moved house to save money for our shift overseas but later delayed Canada indefinitely because business with Chloe was/is still booming. We still needed to live somewhere decent so we moved to a stunning new terrace in Sydney's inner west which, despite the intolerable summer heat, I absolutely adore

Took Hugo to the beach for the first time, just in time for Christmas. We went to Shelley Beach, just up from Manly to celebrate Kian's birthday and just such a gooooood day

Despite our differences, the Baker family united for the first time in four years for Christmas at our house

Escaped the city and journeyed to the Whitsundays for Kian and Amelia's wedding (go to Feb 7 or flickr to see more pics)

Hugo took his first steps and within a week of them was walking

Finally started weening Hugo

R.I.P

A good friend went missing and was later found, details around his death still remain a mystery

My uncle died in China and another Uncle died here in Sydney

Months later I witnessed a young man meet a suddent and gruesome demise


Me me me

Cut my hair from being half way down my back to its current 1-5cms of length

Menstrated for the first time in over five years

Lost my brain

Discovered a tumor in my mouth, which was thankfully benign and quickly removed

Shared the top five horrible things by body has experienced

Was offered a job in real estate

Grew weary

Analysed the success of my last New Year's Resolutions

Instead of making a set of New Years resolutions, I made a year's worth for the month, which I kinda did ok on

Read a book, the first I've finished since Hugo's birth. Yes, I am learn-ed

Did some more childhood reminising


Nine to five

Battled with the decision of whether to return to work and decided to created my own small PR agency with Chloe

Hired an au-pair Rachael, new cleaners and my business' first employee all in the same week

Took a pole dancing lesson as part of Amelia's hen night (ha, not really an occupation... yet??)

---

Thanks everyone for reading!!

posted by kazumi at 3:23 pm

8 Comments:

Hey, I like that format. Don't worry, I won't copy it. I'm too lazy to research all my relevant posts for the past year!
Blogger junebee, at 4:39 am  
happy blogiversary!
Blogger michelle, at 7:24 am  
hi, just dropping by. your blog is really nice. the year in review post is a nice touch. happy blog birthday!
Blogger Writer and Nomad, at 9:32 pm  
Thanks everyone!!
Blogger kazumi, at 4:23 pm  
Not only do I like the form of this post, but unlike junebee, I might copy it!
Blogger Mike, at 1:53 am  
Ha! Go for it!

I'm happy to email you the template, etc so email me if you want it.
Blogger kazumi, at 12:16 pm  
So sorry I'm late in catching up! What a wonderful post, I loved reading this and re-capping everything that's happened. Happy anniversary :)
Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:35 pm  
I'm really happy you enjoyed it!
Blogger kazumi, at 10:20 am  

Add a comment