The Contingency Plan

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Baby baby

I am all babied out. I've spent the last two days surrounded by pregnancy books, baby name books, baby pamphlets, baby magazines, baby websites and I've had enough! It's kinda freaky getting the books and instantly flipping half way through to week 20... I think I've done five months worth of research and have received more calls than I have in the last two months combined!

Nevertheless I'm feeling much more organised. I've booked my first doctor and midwife appointments, have decided on a hospital, have called them to get booked in, have a list of all the baby essentials I'll need before then and have already bookmarked a few products so I'm all sorted for now. Lucas and I have even started discussing names!

But I'm really looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. I went a little stir crazy towards the end of this afternoon from boredom and a lack of stimulation, but I've always been like that. It's the reason why I never continued freelancing before entering agency work. And to think I wanted to take a few months off and do nothing! Two days has been enough. I draw energy from being around others. I only hope I won't be the same once I'm home with the baby 24/7. I'll have to create little side projects and people to see to keep me occupied. Hell, I'll have a baby to look after... must remember that...

And on the topic of people, someone asked me today whether I'm going to call Sophie to let her know. I don't think I will, but it reminded me how much my circle of friends has changed. Those I used to be close with (and there's around 5-6 of them) don't even know I'm pregnant and I'm in no hurry to tell them either. I wonder if I'll turn into one of those women who just hangs out with other mums. That scares me. Eeskh.

Anyhow, I'm now ravenously hungry, so it's time to feed Wolfie again, yes the baby has picked up that nick name from Lucas's name preferences. We think it's quite funny. Better than Tiger, King or Boris! Mind you the poor thing will be Chinese, Scottish, Croatian and Italian so we really should cut it some slack...

posted by kazumi at 5:03 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment