The Contingency Plan

Thursday, July 08, 2004

A lesson I really hope to learn soon is that I shouldn't judge others. Yes, this sounds simple and straight forward enough, but I'm obviously not learning it.

I use to mock people who met online, but then I met Lucas and well, you know the rest.

I use to look down on those who had affairs, but then I did that very thing to the man I adore most.

When a friend of mine unintentionally fell pregnant I felt sorry for her, but thought I'd never do that as I'm way too organised and have my shit sorted.

Likewise, I use to hear stories of women who discovered they were pregnant when they were five or six months into it and think, how could these women be so clueless?

So, as you can probably guess, I found out today that I am five month's pregnant. Oh the shock! No turning back now as my choice has been made up for me. And although I'm still bewildered, I'm moreso relieved.

Lucas came with me to the ultrasound and during it we saw its little head, its spine, its belly, its little hands and feet and I'm so in love. Smitten. I no longer think I'm mad when I can feel something moving - yes! It already moves, especially at night. It must be a night owl like me. We tried finding out its sex, but the cheeky thing was lying and its side and wouldn't let us.

Anyhow, I'm feeling tired, excited, shocked, happy and hungry......... hm, I have to admit this must have been one of the easiest pregnancies as I've hadn't experienced morning sickness, cravings, sore breasts and I'm just starting to show now.

But less talk and more food.

posted by kazumi at 10:18 pm

2 Comments:

I just stumbled upon your blog doing a web search on being unwittingly five months pregnant. It just found out that I am pregnant last night and will be seeing the doctor next week, but am kind of worried about the health of the baby. If you don’t mind me asking, did your doctor mention any health issues?
Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:09 pm  
Hey Alecia,

Congratulations!

Sorry it's taken a while to respond. I had issues finding the actual post you commented on...

My doctor didn't mention any health issues after I'd had the ultrasound. They looked for any possible signs during the test, which was a relief.

I hope the appointment with your doctor provided you with some comfort! How far along are you?
Blogger kazumi, at 7:58 am  

Add a comment