The Contingency Plan

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

It feels like I'm writing one drama after the other - if it's not my family, it's my job or my friends. At times I think I should just keep these events to myself, but you know me, I'll end up a festering mess and the purpose of this blog is to write what's on my mind.

This year has been one of my hardest so far. After being together for five years, Lucas and I broke up and then got back together, I lost my best friend of seven years, briefly dated a loser in the disguise of genuinely nice guy, started to hate my job, found out my 64 year old dad is dating a 29 year old, that my mum's engaged and living with a millionaire she won't introduce anyone to, discovered I'm pregnant and continued to deal with other family issues, as I'm sure we all do.

I'm disappointed Sophie hasn't called or done anything to congratulate me being pregnant.

I still haven't confronted my mum as she's either too busy too talk or I'm too tired to have the conversation.

I'm over it.

... but still strangely optimistic.
posted by kazumi at 11:09 am

0 Comments:

Add a comment