The Contingency Plan

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

The skies are still crying and I'm contently alone in the otherwise silence.
The television tempts with escape but I'd rather sift through my thoughts and drink some tea. There are times I'm addicted to that box, but tonight it feels pushy.
Today was my first day back in the office and there's a mutiny brewing. And I'm afraid I've sparked it. Perhaps 'afraid' isn't the right word.
As I may have mentioned, there are a lot of unhappy people at work. More than half the company is miserable and ready to walk and it's the half that makes the agency money, the group I love and belong to. Thing about us is that we weren't always this unhappy. Lately I've noticed all we do when we're in a situation outside of work is bitch about work, so I've suggested we all get together and talk through what we're unhappy about, devise a strategy to conquer this and tell management to hopefully inspire action on how we can work together. At least then we're not just talking amongst ourselves. And to my surprise everyone's up for it, so we're meeting tomorrow night. Who knows what this will turn into. I just hope I haven't given birth to an ugly storm.
posted by kazumi at 9:34 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment