The Contingency Plan

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

So Sophie re-surfaces.

I spoke to a friend of ours today, Kris, who I first met through Jamie, her husband. Jamie was my hairdresser for years. I was working in retail when Jamie and I first met and over the years I've hooked everyone from Lucas to Natasha to Sophie, her sister and all their boyfriends along the way. He's an amazing hairdresser.

Jamie and Kris have a beautiful son now. Jamie recently quit hairdressing and Kris use to be in fashion but now designs her own range of absolutely divine baby manchester. They're the funkiest couple. We've always been relatively close but have been in touch more through Wolfie and our common experiences.

Anyhow, Sophie called Jamie for a haircut and ended up talking to Kris who asked if she'd heard any updates from me. Sophie obviously didn't know I'm pregnant and was naturally dumb-founded.

Kris said she was very silent at first and that it sounded as though she'd realised what she'd done to me and our friendship. She was devastated. Kris asked if she was ok and Sophie said she wasn't. She was at a loss and got a little upset. She then asked if I was ok, if I'm happy and felt sadness about not being there for me during this big time in my life.

Although I feel for her, I'm glad she knows. I do miss her and wish things had turned out differently, but I have no desire to call her after what she did. I know Sophie has a good heart and means well but our friendship is just too dramatic and I'm weary enough from recent events with my family.
posted by kazumi at 8:27 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment