The Contingency Plan

Monday, September 20, 2004

What a busy weekend!

Every few months the social committee at work hold a secretive event that's suppose to bond all the different groups in the company. We had one of these on Friday so I spent the afternoon pretending to be in a scene from the Great Gatsby dressed up in 1920s garb, playing badminton, botchi ball and crochet and eating some very delectable delights on a gorgeous heritage property with a jazz band playing in the background. It was so much fun and even though I'm seven and a half months pregnant, managed to hold my own and kick ass in the games, not that I'm competitive....

Lucas also finished his job from hell on Friday so we went out for a long big breakfast on Saturday morning to celebrate. We also made some major baby shopping purchases, buying a beautiful cot, matching change table, baby bath and all those little things you need like mattresses, mattress protectors, pillows, etc. I'm feeling much more in control now. The cot we're buying is a lovely solid timber model that comes with extra parts to turn into a todler bed so I'm very pleased with the purchase.

Sunday morning was spent with the family and was a relatively easy-going affair. I'm not sure how I feel about it all yet, still have mixed emotions. But the rest of the day was spent at a friend's birthday picnic, eating the yummy gourmet food they'd made, playing more botchi ball, some frisbee and catching up with old friends. Two of our friends there are photographers and ended up taking pictures of my belly. Perhaps I'll paste a couple online for your amusement...

But I think the most valueable thing I did on the weekend was to have some quiet time to myself. I've realised I'm always doing something and am rarely alone and still with my thoughts. So each night I wandered out to the garden and watched the bridge, the water and tried to still my overactive mind... Still getting there.
posted by kazumi at 9:25 am

0 Comments:

Add a comment