The Contingency Plan

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

It's 8.30pm and I'm sitting here at work absolutely stressed. It's reached a stage where I've looked at my 'to do' list and it's growing tremendously and I don't know where to start. I think I've re-written it at least twice in the vain hope of clarity.

So here I am thinking this online verbal release will help me return to my work focused, but have just realised I sent an internal team 'to do' list for one of our clients accidentally to a journalist. Ok, time to quit work for the night... Lucky there was nothing incriminating in that message.

I have two days left here and it's become apparent they're not going to cope without me. It really concerns me as I'm part of a very robust team.

As you know, our account director left two weeks ago and our group account director is on holiday for two weeks, which means I've been heading up the team under the supervision of my managing director. The problem is, is that there won't be anyone senior on the team next week and everyone's stressed to the point of tears. They're good workers but understandably need some guidance, especially with the extra work load. And it sucks as I've really enjoyed being in a greater management role too.

I thought about working back another week or working from home next week but my MD won't let me as she knows I need to switch off, have some time alone and sort out my shit for Wolfie's arrival. And I'm not fighting her as I know she's right.

Damn. Hate being this stressed.
posted by kazumi at 8:53 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment