The Contingency Plan

Monday, November 08, 2004

The Brand New Heavies are pumping through my apartment. I've loved them since first hearing 'Dream on Dreamer' when I was 15 and have phases where I just want to revel in their funk.

I know, my excuse is poor - all this time and no blogging. Slap bottom. And I won't use the 'busy' excuse on you as I hate that one too - yes, we're all busy these days.

So I've been lazy. I haven't kept to a sleeping pattern. I've read. Spent days watching DVDs and playing the Sims 2. I've had brunches that span whole days. I've composed long letters to long lost friends. I've put on happy, sing-along music and have danced around the house. I've been to the movies on my own. I've lit incense and snuggled with blankets and the joy of the rain. And I've been procrastinating - I have loads of laundry and a messy house to clean. Maybe I'll do it today, maybe I won't.

I'm still shedding my stressed-out skin from days at work. It's only been a week and I still have trouble sleeping at night due to my overly-active mind, but can already feel the difference: my relationships are breathing and I'm slowly returning to the Kazumi I enjoy - friendly, easier-going and smiling more.
posted by kazumi at 2:52 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment