The Contingency Plan

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Hold me tight

He worked until an ungodly hour last night so this morning, Lucas slept in and in exchange for a full breakfast (eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, etc), I got a morning full of snuggles in bed.

I love a great hug.

When Sophie and I were close, she'd often say we need at least 18 hugs a day to be emotionally healthy. I don't know where she got it from and I think it's a load of bollocks, but would LOVE that many good hugs a day.

Hugs are perfect when they hold you tight and overwhelm you with comfort, kindness and closeness.

And with this in mind, my top five huggers would be:

1. Lucas. I inconspiciously taught him how to hug me as they used to be soft, often one-handed and almost not there, but that's all changed (mwahaha). He's tall enough so I fit underneath his head and can breath in his smell when he holds me.

2. My dad. He nearly crushes me with his hugs, but they're unreal. Big, secure and fatherly.

3. Next would be Sophie. Despite all that's happened, she always knew when to hug me and for how long. The force is strong when it comes to her hugging intuition (or as I like to now say, HI) and lucky are the people who now benefit from it.

4. My good friend Gordon. He's my silly-bugger friend. We've known eachother for a good six years and never had a single serious conversation for at least the first four. As you can imagine, it used to astonish and perplex Sophie. But we just have fun together and I always come away feeling like I've been on holiday. We of course talk some serious stuff now, but just thinking of him makes me laugh as I'm flooded with many of the stupid things we've done and his hugs are just full of that.. and usually a good bum grab too.

5. A past co-worker, now friend of mine called Sam. She also has a strong HI and work was better for it. She would often pleasantly surprise me when we went out for a cigarette break by asking me how I am and hugging me when I needed it, something which starkly opposed the professional and impersonal environment at the time.

mmm///... good.

xx
posted by kazumi at 2:46 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment