The Contingency Plan

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Smile

Hugo smiled at me for the first time on Friday. It was pure heaven.

It happened while we were playing one of our favourite games. I propped him up so he was seated upright on my legs, and then moved my head out of his line of sight. I then said, "Where's mummy?"

He then moved his little head in the direction of my voice and when he saw me, I enthusiastically said, "There she is!"

I know it sounds corny, but he smiled twice when I said, "There she is!"

They were big toothy grins and I felt happiness so intense I thought I was going to burst.
posted by kazumi at 4:42 pm

1 Comments:

I thought maybe I'd better say hello and congratulations. Sorry I haven't been in touch with you more. I loved this story, and I'm really happy for you!
Blogger Unknown, at 7:22 am  

Add a comment