The Contingency Plan

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Maid for the job

I've decided to hire some house work help.

Yes, I'd like to say it's because I don't have time, but that would be a lie. I have a pretty blissed out baby who's a great sleeper, so the real reason is because housework sucks.

I was watching 'The View' today and seeing the makeovers of three real life 'Desperate Housewives' scared me. Dear lordy, the women were a mess and I'm terrified this will be my future. I don't want to be frantic, messy and overweight with bad hair and feet that have five layers of dead skin.

So the show prompted me to think about what I want to do with this whole parenting thing and I'd much rather spend time with Hugo and Lucas, see family and friends, work and take up a hobby than try to miserably maintain a perfect home.

I kinda have issues with it as my mother had me in wife training from the age of eight, but damn, when I'm dying I doubt my regret will be I didn't do enough housework.
posted by kazumi at 2:02 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment