The Contingency Plan

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Night

He curled around my skin, an arm wrapped around my waist, his fingers playing rhythms on my side. I pretended to sleep and indulged in the memory and sensation of life kicking and beating in my belly.

When Hugo was only weeks old I would lay him on my chest and wrap a blanket tightly around us. He loved it. He would sleep, occasionally shift, and his movements let me see how he did in my womb.

He's too big for that now.

If he had his way he would sleep on his side, chubby face squeezed directly against mine, a little hand holding onto my chin and his legs propped up on my arms. Oh it's delicious when he does, his small breath singing sweetly on my face.

Yet to that beat Luc's fingers now played a silent song down my thigh. I knew Hugo was content in his crib so I turned over to kiss and sleep face-to-face with the man I love, also content in this darkness.
posted by kazumi at 11:39 pm

1 Comments:

i miss it
Blogger SquirrleyMojo, at 3:05 pm  

Add a comment