The Contingency Plan

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Playing catch

Something I failed to mention about the weekend is that I caught a horrendous stomach virus on Friday. After feeling a little 'rumble in the Bronx' on Thursday night, I woke at around 3am Friday morning to spend the next four hours violently expelling everything in my system. I thought it was food poisoning but couldn't pinpoint what was off. I'd made every meal all and it all fresh and healthy.

But after the vomiting and diarrhoea came the fever and nausea, which stayed throughout Friday and half of Saturday. I'd never felt so ill. Luc took really great care of me but I still had to look after Hugo during his many work calls.

I realised I didn't have food poisoning tonight as Luc spent most of the night in the bathroom with loud groans and retches. Stomach viruses are extremely contagious. The poor thing. I'm now busy taking care of him and the baby and worried the cycle of sick will continue.

Nevertheless, as most women know, taking care of a sick man can always be a little entertaining and some of my small smiles have come from comments like these:

"Do you think I could have a suck of Hugo's milk? You said it contains antibiotics and if it's helped him then maybe it can help me too?"

"You fucking asshole virus," said while stumbling out of the bathroom.

And the clincher...

"Babe, can you come and check on me regularly?," asked loudly from the bedroom. "Just in case I choke on my vomit during my sleep."
posted by kazumi at 1:40 am

1 Comments:

I'm starting to seriously wonder if this is a blog virus . . .

wish I had your humor--loved this post--
Blogger SquirrleyMojo, at 1:58 am  

Add a comment