The Contingency Plan

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Absolutely rotten

I've never been by the bush on a breezy night. I am tonight and it sounds like rain. Yum.

So it was my birthday last Tuesday. I've always been rather indifferent towards it, but was absolutely spoilt this year.

And although I received a digital piano, Bose stereo system for my iPod and a new laptop from Lucas alone (!!), what stood out wasn't just the gifts he bought me, ok it was, but it was also how he made such an effort to organise family and friends on separate nights to celebrate. He made me feel like something sparkly. I know, I sound so corny but it's true.

And through the process we discovered a kick ass Chinese tea house. We sipped some delicious oolong cha and experimented with green tea waffles, green tea icecream, green tea biscuits (noticing a theme here?) and my favourite - green tea iced coffee.

Yes, tea and coffee in the same drink.

It wasn't too bad either. At first it tasted like a creamy coffee but left a strong Chinese tea after-taste.

Interesting.

Anyhow, pictures from my birthday to come tomorrow...
posted by kazumi at 11:59 pm

1 Comments:

Interesting blog. You make some good points. You might be interested in essiac herbal tea. There's a vague connection to what's been discussed here.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:11 am  

Add a comment