The Contingency Plan

Friday, April 01, 2005

I'm baaaack...

Hello!!!

We've done it! We've successfully moved house and Im back on this fine and foolish day.

We've been void of the Internet for nearly two weeks now and oh how I have missed this. So how are you? And what's new?

So.

Luc picked up the keys two weeks ago and in the darkness we crept into our first family home.

We lit every light. We did the running man in the living room and to the laughter of Hugo, we played 'echo'.

Echo echo echo echo echo!

Filled with a new sense of belonging we returned to our apartment, which felt like a small pair of shoes, cancelled our picnic and rescheduled the removalists. Our friends have seen the view and we were eager to settle.

So I now write from Chatswood. My windows are filled with tall trees and I've mapped how to walk these windy, sleepy suburban streets. We're surrounded by families with kids in every direction so I no longer feel shame for wearing my trackies and having unkept hair at three (ok six) in the pm. I'm with my kind.

I'm amazed at how an increase in space can affect your sense of comfort and well being. I can breathe deeper, Hugo has space to play, Luc and I can have different areas to relax in (and coincidentally don't argue as much) and we can easily entertain a party of ten without feeling cramped.

I'm enjoying this suburban thing far more than I expected. I drove by our old place during the week to pick up some mail and realised I didn't miss it at all. The apartment already has new tenants. It stayed on the market for less than a week.

I have photos, but bought Hugo some smashing outfits in the meantime and need to do the doting mother thing first... Priorities people...
posted by kazumi at 11:08 pm

2 Comments:

we are also looking to relocate. glad to hear all has worked out smoothly for you.

would it be wrong of me to hope you never become *too* comfortable and settled in, in suburbia, that is? a sharp mind is, ehem . . .
Blogger SquirrleyMojo, at 2:19 am  
Thanks, I'm glad the move went smoothly as well.

SM - Are you moving very far from where you currently live? God I'm hoping I don't blend into suburbia too much either. I know I sound it with my laundry obsession and all...

And I just realised we have no plants. Damn.
Blogger kazumi, at 1:54 pm  

Add a comment