The Contingency Plan

Friday, April 29, 2005

Open house

Life has become so busy since we've moved. Even though we live further away, we have friends or family over nearly every day. Our home has indeed become a hub and as enjoyable as it is, sometimes it's just exhausting.

The relaxed suburban life I thought I'd have has disappeared. Luc's business is thriving and I'm looking after our son, running the house (which includes entertaining everyone), taking piano lessons and doing a little freelance work as well. To my delight I've also hired cleaners. Although they've been by a number of times, I still feel a sense of guilt whenever they're here and end up cleaning as well.

I tend to get scared when life feels in place like it does now. I fear things like death and major change and catch myself wanting to do things that could jeopardise what I have, like contact old lovers. Although I'm very happy and in love with Luc, I realise he's also very busy now and I don't want to open myself up to temptation.
posted by kazumi at 3:09 pm

2 Comments:

So that's why you called me. I feel so cheap and used.

:(
...
:)
Blogger Frank Beekman, at 2:21 am  
Haha. Used I can understand but that was definitely not cheap ;)

And Dayna I've actually been addicted to another PC game, though I've been too ashamed to admit it - yes, it's the Sims 2. You seemed to have fostered a lovely little addiction so maybe I'll try WoW and let you know how I go.
Blogger kazumi, at 1:35 pm  

Add a comment