The Contingency Plan

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Washing my former interesting life away

I'm obsessed with doing laundry. I know it's something I should really keep to myself but it's true.

While packing I realised our last apartment was damp. So damp that all the clothes in the shelves above our wardrobe were mouldy. And some of the coats in the side I don't open as much. And some of my shoes.

Yuck.

So after sadly throwing out seven garbage bags of ruined goods, I filled another ten full of clothes we were keeping and moved them to deal with after the move.

Laundry was pratical impossible in our last place. Our washing machine and dryer were placed in the kitchen next to the dishwasher and the body corporate didn't allow clothes to be hung outside. I'm sure the bridge climbers, touring harbour cruisers and Luna Park funsters didn't want to see our wet clothes, but having a dryer on 24/7 in our small space was a right pain in the ass.

So I 've been a laundry machine and only have three loads left. I've been a crazed washing woman trying to wash away all the damp yuckiness of our last place. Our wardrobe looks and smells so good. I love our laundry room. It rocks.

But it's raining today so I have to otherwise entertain myself. Yes I will get a life once this is all over.

Anyhow, I was asked through my PR connections yesterday to participate in an article for Cosmopolitan Baby. The article will focus on what I ate and how I dealt with my weight gain during pregnancy. I'm not sure if I'm a good candidate but am happy to help out. I used to get all sorts of requests when I was working. Do I know a young funky guy who plays golf? Can I get in touch with a couple in an open relationship? Anyone have an ideal candidate for extreme makeovers?

Anyhow, I don't have a problem with the article but am struggling for a photo. I only have a blurry shot of me at my baby shower and another one of my naked belly, which I love but doesn't show my face. I regret not taking more. How could I forget something so important?

So Gordan and I are entertaining the thought of doing some mock shots. I wonder if we could get away with it...
posted by kazumi at 11:53 am

1 Comments:

I think I probably could too and I'm not sure whether that's a good thing! Oh well.

And of course I don't mind!
Blogger kazumi, at 3:10 pm  

Add a comment