The Contingency Plan

Sunday, May 22, 2005

metallic moments

I met up with a fabulous friend whom I haven't seen in over a year today.

Upon seeing me he gasped and shrieked, "Oh my God, look at your tomboy hair. You are so Yum Cha at Tiffanies!"

I couldn't stop laughing at the time, but think it's possibly the best compliment I've received.

___________________________________

This morning I woke to Hugo's tiny hands touching my face for the very first time. He had short, staggered but soft strokes that melted my already mushy heart. He was silent and looked at me as if to say, 'Ah, so that's what you feel like".

Later in the morning he continued with the same theme and while sitting up on his own in between Luc and I in bed, he amused himself by touching my nose, then touching Luc's nose, then my nose, then his nose... on and on.

It was so simple but we were all warmly entertained with this play for over an hour.

___________________________________

I visited my eight year old next door neighbour, Tom yesterday to give his gorgeous honey coloured Labrador puppy some succulent ham hocks I'd used for a minestrone soup.

When he returned the bowl around a half an hour later, he did so with some flowers he'd picked from the garden, he blushed and said, "Thank you. I think you look pretty today." And then ran home.

So damn cute.
posted by kazumi at 12:05 am

0 Comments:

Add a comment