The Contingency Plan

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

For the first time in nearly five years I'm menstruating. Were the last two weeks 1825 day's worth of PMS?? Cruel.
I hate what hormones do to a somewhat rational woman.
I've otherwise kept myself busy, a little too busy and feel quite fine again.
That is, until I ironically received a three page essay from my MD on the beauty of double spacing after a period. Sure, I can see how it makes a sentence breath but can't see it working in an industry already challenged to make everything fit onto a page (journalists have short attention spans and I don't blame them).
*sigh*
I visited the HR director last week and after two hours of talk... left things in the air. It was quite perfect. I spat out my grievances, didn't cry, divulged where I'm heading and what I could offer and was relieved to find they still value me.
Unfortunately, our MD doesn't want anything but full time workers so the only way I can return is if I freelance. For a company totally run by women, I'm consistently in awe at the lack of support mothers receive.
I'm unsure whether I would actually take on any projects but am happy I at least have the power to decide what I do and don't want to work on.
posted by kazumi at 11:15 pm

2 Comments:

Yea, isn't that odd? Sometimes women can be SO unsupportive of other women.
Blogger junebee, at 9:40 am  
I agree. I'm always more wary of the opinion of women than I am of men.
Blogger kazumi, at 2:35 pm  

Add a comment