The Contingency Plan

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Just the same old same old

Over the last few days I've been testing a new routine with Hugo... ok... this is our first real routine. We've been fine without one to date but I think it's now needed as the tiny baby I gave birth to is now an energetic, grabbing, tempermental and playful chatterbox who can sit up on his own, grabs and throws his toys, quickly gets bored and cries when he doesn't get his own way. And he's been rather grumpy as his sleep patterns have been unpredictable.

Have I mentioned I'm still breast feeding? He's already on solids three times a day but is such a big boy that he's started to wake again (twice) during the night for a good feed. Thank God he can't crawl or walk yet as this is already tiring stuff!

So our days have been structured into meal times, nap times, play times and bath time. We go for a generous hour long walk every day and see kids riding their bikes, playing basketball, girls jumping on trampolenes with ribbons in their hair, mums in designer tracksuits talking on teeny mobile phones while hurding their children into jeeps (the modern day equivalent of the mini-van), as well as tonnes of trees, birds and flowers.

And part of me thinks I should hate it, but I don't. It's simple, beautiful and reminds me of my childhood. I have more time to myself and the kilos are just sliding off with all that exercise and extra breastfeeding!

But the thing that spins me out the most is that he'll be seven months old next week.

Yikes.
posted by kazumi at 5:47 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment