The Contingency Plan

Thursday, July 28, 2005

The house is tidier, my period finally left (does that mean I don't have to go to the doctor Bente?), I'm cooking more, finally organised my kitchen shelves, booked an appointment with a dentist (sob sob), started exercising (again) and Chloe and I will have our FIRST CLIENT MEETING next Monday.

Can you believe it? Who would've guessed the thing missing from my life was a little work? Sigh, not me.

But I'm thrilled.

So let me tell you a little about this new client. They're a graphic design company that just ooze talent and funk and not only design, but hold an international design conference (London, New York, Auckland and Sydney) and recently launched an industry mag too. I spend hours on their website and approached them to see if they could do our corporate branding. They don't normally do this kind of work and I didn't know whether we could afford them so I offered our services in kind for their's and they jumped on the idea suggesting an immediate meeting. Woohoo! I can't wait.

Luc and I have also been planning a month long trip to visit his family in Canada in September. The timing sucks given this new venture but I spoke with Chloe and we agree it's better to go now than later. I have a lot of organising to do including passports, tickets, gifts, budgets, work, etc. and Luc and I have been contemplating business class tickets (oh the luxury!) but I don't know if I can justify the money. I think I can given economy will suck with a ten month old.

So it's just all happening.
posted by kazumi at 12:30 pm

4 Comments:

If you can afford business class I say go for it! We travelled to Nova Scotia with Elli when she was 11 months old and the extra space in business class would have been lovely! We couldn't have even dreamed of affording those seats though.

As far as the doctor goes, I think you should probably still go and ask if it's a big deal. But if your anything like me I know you won't anyway. :)
Blogger Bente, at 3:53 pm  
Ha! No visit to the doctor as of yet....
Blogger kazumi, at 9:55 pm  
I'm guessing your new client is Design Is Kinky right? Fricking great stuff guys!!

Got a 6 monther myself. Recently flew from LA to London and booked Business Class precisely because of the space. God that made a huge difference. Book it.

PS Please keep blogging.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:14 am  
Eeeek!!! You're bloody warm Anonymous. Too warm. Must. Stop. Writing. About. Business. And. Clients. Now.

And I'm happy you can justify the business class tickets though. I've been suffering, and still do from middle class guilt. Sure I know it's not first class, but still, shouldn't I be saving for some average home in the suburbs??
Blogger kazumi, at 4:04 pm  

Add a comment