The Contingency Plan

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Sick babe

After a night of very little sleep we took Hugo to the doctor today and he has a cold and a middle ear infection. Poor thing. This is the first time he's ever been sick. He's been such a trooper and only cries when you try to wipe his nose. Actually, crying is an understatement. He acts as if you're trying to suffocate him.

Each Sunday night we have dinner with Kian, Amelia, Ivy and Tom as a wind-down to the weekend. We used to complain about how little we see of each other so this works out perfectly. Gordon also used to come along before he started work as a door bitch in a popular club.

We've been doing it for months now and it was our turn again this week. Everyone was excited as Kian and Amelia have just bought a new house and Hugo's eight months old today, but Hugo needs rest and refuses to sleep when the guys are over so we postponed. This means my roast vegetable lasagna and minted peas with pancetta will have to wait for next week... that is unless I have a trial run, yum!

But I don't quite mind as I wasn't sure if Gordon was coming. I am so annoyed with him at the moment! Pissed. Off! I don't care that we don't see him because he's too busy with the cool crowd. I don't mind that he only calls when he needs something. But I DO mind when he asks me to help write a document, source a photo production lab in China and then asks Lucas to help solve some basic computer problems and doesn't even call or email afterwards to say thanks because he's too busy. That's right. I told him how slack he has when I bumped into him at the mall yesterday and his brush-off excuse was, 'Sorry, been busy'. Boooo!

In other news...hanging out with Penelope was like therapy yesterday. We originally met for Yum Cha, but parted ways five hours later. We haven't seen each other since her mother's wedding last month and yes, it took five hours to get through it all!

I love conversations with close girlfriends as you get to talk about the heavy stuff along with your eyebrow shape and hairstyle, which by the way, are looking good.
posted by kazumi at 11:12 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment