The Contingency Plan

Sunday, September 11, 2005

If you need to move away from the sea then I recommend an area with lots of trees. It's windy today and the sounds are delicious.

I'm writing a quick one as we have to leave for a friend's birthday party. Luc's in the shower and Hugo's taking a power nap to ensure he won't be grumpy.

Argh. I have such mixed feelings about this. We always have fun with the people there but Ali will also be attending. She'll bring her baby and we'll have ours so the contact is inevitable and I just don't feel like it.

I've decided to be friendly but find myself wanting everything to be perfect. I'm slowly morphing into a competitive mum. Yikes! But am otherwise happy as I'm in a favourite skirt that I haven't been able to fit for over a year. This feels so high school.

Anyway, talking about superficial matters, I really have to go as Luc and I are re-shooting our passport photos. We just look dreadful in the first 'professional' ones and are taking take two here at home where we can be shamefully picky.
posted by kazumi at 1:57 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment