The Contingency Plan

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

new day


Although it's only been a week, I'm eager to move on. Don't get me wrong, I'm still very sad, but so much good has happened in the midst of this and I want to stay positive and productive.

After only a couple weeks we've managed to find new tenants for our home and will move out in two week's time. Perfect timing because....

The family are all gathering at our house this year for Christmas. It will be our first Christmas together since my parents' divorce four years ago. We seemed to manage just fine together at recent events (Kerry's wedding and Hugo's birthday), and both parents have been warned to behave for a day so I'm hopeful. Ha.

And although many of our friends won't visit us in the 'real' burbs, I'm looking forward to the move. The new place has just been finished and features double the living space of our current home. We'll be near our close friends Drew and Tim and Kris and Jamie and my family will be nearby so we can see them all in a regular every day way. I hope that'll be a positive.

And my business with Chloe is simply booming. We won two desirable accounts last week and a were rated a perfect 10/10 after holding a Sydney and Melbourne media launch for important business press by a Client. This means we now have four substantial Clients and find ourselves working nearly every day. I find myself really happy and excited about work and think Chloe is an ideal business partner. What a relief.

And because my business is bringing in a favourable amount of money we're thinking we might stay in Sydney and delay our move to Canada... it's something to contemplate.
posted by kazumi at 12:03 pm

2 Comments:

That's great that things are going well. What sort of "friends" won't visit you in the new house!? Maybe the price of gas is as ridiculously high there as it is here.
Congratulations on your business success.
Blogger junebee, at 1:50 pm  
Ha! Even though gas is expensive, that's not the reason.

It takes around 15-20 mins to drive to the new house but people perceive it to be much further away. Especially the friends who live and breath the city and think life stops existing outside of it. Ah well....
Blogger kazumi, at 3:00 pm  

Add a comment