The Contingency Plan

Friday, December 02, 2005

Random Emails

-----Original Message-----
From: David
[mailto:david@wouldntyouliketoknow.com]
Sent: Tuesday 23 November 2005 7:46 PM
To: Kazumi
Subject: Re:

Hey Kazumi,

I'm up in Newcastle til right before the flight to Germany on Thurs. I'm sorry I was crap and didn't get round to seeing you all one more time.

May we carry on our infrequent but valued communications from afar!

Love to you, L, H

David

*****

-----Original Message-----
From: kazumi baker
[mailto:kazumi_baker@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, 20 October 2005 2:01 PM
To: Andi
Subject: deep breaths and even paced heartbeats

these things may seem insignificant to some, but are prized among those who organise major events.

so how are you?

i'm still in the land of bears and maple syrup but will be back in time to revel in your greatness.

love, umi

--- Andi wrote:

At last someone that understands!
Rush, rush, chalk, rush - have to talk to you later - call me when you get back.
AX

Andi
Festival Director

*****

--- Bella wrote:

Kazumi,

I'm in Darwin working for NT Legal Aid commission. Am a criminal lawyer. Lots of work, never know what to expect, in court every day, it's lots of fun, rough and tumble, all just how I like it.

Gee, I love hearing about Hugo - would so love to meet him. I'll be in Sydney over Christmas/New Year. I've been coming to Sydney every three months or so for a few days each time because I'm doing a masters at Sydney uni (in law ... yawn). But it's a good excuse to come down and soak up the big smoke.

I haven't seen Dave since last year but email and talk on the phone now and then. I'm so glad that we've managed to stay friends and to be able to talk without feeling any regret, hurt or anger. I'm really grateful for that, since we did share so many years together. I'm happy we've moved on, and that he's found a lovely-sounding girl and I'm excited for him going to Germany to start a new chapter with her. I'm also relieved that we've been able to keep our mutual friends and that they haven't felt they've had to choose between us. There really couldn't be a better break up.

With the macrobiotic ... well, that has been abandoned in favour of the rampant mango season that we have in Darwin at the moment. Mangos dripping off every second tree. Like gold for free. My household is sucking them up. In fact, this weekend we're having a mega mango freezing morning whereby we'll amass a stash of mangoes, cut em up and freeze them to ensure steady smoothie- supplies for the next year.

Life in Darwin in fun - I live in a sharehouse right behing the beach (can't really swim for all the crocs and box jellyfish, but the breeze and the sunsets are nice) with Sue also a lawyer at legal aid), John and Alicia (who are both from Sydney too - they're doctors at the hospital). it is a lot of fun, they're just UNREAL and we get on really well.

I'm still playing the violin, but there's not much of a music scene here ... a couple of ensembles that I play in ... if I want to hear live classical music, i've got to actually make it myself.

Goodness me! You have quite a memory ... Michael - yes. Cannot believe you remember that. he's a lawyer here too - he works for Aboriginal Legal Aid. We've been together a year now. Unfortunately work rules all, so that bitching about magistrates and exchanging dramatic court stores tends to take up a lot of air time in our relationship. But it's going great and I've very happy.

I don't think I'll stay in the NT forever, but it's good for now. Michael and I both want to go back to Sydney at some stage, but don't know when...one year, two years?? Who knows??!

I'm a glutton for more of your stories ... so good to be in touch with you again. Tell me how you're all going??!!

Lots of love,
Bella

*****
posted by kazumi at 5:15 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment