The Contingency Plan

Thursday, January 05, 2006

1,2, Step

Life's too short for long-term goals right now
I forget, procrastinate
Billow in guilt and the lower feelings
So let's scap the list of resolutions
Yes! Let's create a list of monthly goals
Objectives... no objections
No pressure to do this every month,
Just start off with Jan
Baby steps...
So this month I'd like to:

* Organise our home office. We have desks, computers and chairs and bought an unreal in-in-one colour printer/scanner/fax machine/photocopier yesterday so I'd like to get it all organised, increase our office supplies and finally file everything so it has a place

* Start taking Hugo to fun, social things during the week. I have the timetables and have contacted our new local playgroups, Gymbaroo and a funky weekly baby book reading club I discovered through a friend

* Sort out nanny/care for Hugo. Business will get busy soon and I will need 2-3 days a week to make this thing work, otherwise I shouldn't bother. I'm scheming and hope my plans will work out

* Create a basic website for work. We've bought the domain name and need an online presence asap. Chloe's on holiday until Jan 10 so I plan to surprise her with the finished product when she returns

* Take on a arty project to complete this month. I need something to keep me creatively inspired. I'm thinking of buying a huge canvas and creating an artwork for Luc as a gift

* Treat my body with kindness and respect. I forget to eat when I'm busy or stressed, eat too much when I'm emotional, binge, don't exercise and know I won't change all of this overnight but would like to act with a little more kindness towards my carcass

* Organise our spare rooms. Storage needs to be bought, things need sorting

* Finish all the laundry. I know this is impossible. There will always be clothes to clean, but I haven't since Hugo's been born, completed all the laundry so there's nothing left in the basket. I used to use laundry as another method of storage, but I'm over that now

Ok. Time to now get off the couch...!!
posted by kazumi at 12:37 pm

4 Comments:

Sounds like a pretty do-able list. Good luck again!
Blogger Bente, at 1:10 pm  
That sounds good. Small steps are the best. Motivational guru Anthony Robbins says to do one small thing RIGHT away to work toward your goal. That sort of gets the ball rolling.

I wish there were more things for Branch and Blossom to do. Everything around here is for ages 2 or 3 and up. The one activity they could attend happens during their naptime (which is not worth disrupting nightly sleep to re-schedule).

Thank you for the tips on travelling with Branch and Blossom. I myself was wondering about car seats and high chairs once we get there. Most hotels to provide cribs as a courtesy so that's not a worry.
Blogger junebee, at 6:33 am  
Uh.

Why am I the only one who thinks this list sounds HUGE? :-)

let me know how it goes.
Blogger SquirrleyMojo, at 9:26 am  
I'm notorious for over-committing. I know I should be optimistic, but bleh, we'll see.
Blogger kazumi, at 5:55 pm  

Add a comment