The Contingency Plan

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Another one bites the dust

After we finished our Yum Cha meal this morning Mum received a call to learn that a close family friend (my father's best friend) had passed away yesterday afternoon.

A man passionate about fishing, he was fishing off some rocks south of Sydney when a large wave took him out to sea. His body was found 30 minutes later and taken to hospital where he was confirmed dead.

Mum and Natasha cried at the news and I admit I also shed a tear for his family and wife of only two years. I've been in a rather sombre mood since.

Crikey.
posted by kazumi at 7:28 pm

3 Comments:

That's so sad. I imagine it would be very hard to deal with such a sudden death, hard to accept even.
Blogger Bente, at 11:11 pm  
Very sad. My condolences. One really never knows how much time one has left.
Blogger junebee, at 6:48 am  
Thanks guys.

More than anything Uncle Eddy's, Uncle Camel's and Adrian's recent deaths have reminded me to make the most of each day because you're right Junebee, you never know when your time is up!
Blogger kazumi, at 12:20 pm  

Add a comment