The Contingency Plan

Monday, January 23, 2006

Ladies who Launch

Sorry I haven't been in touch people. Had a media event last week and I'm still immersed in all the work. The event was a huge success but all media articles to date have omitted any branding, which means boo for me.

Thankfully our au-pair started work last Wednesday, as did our new cleaners and my business' first employee! Yay! Having them all in the house on the same day last week was very strange. But fucking fantastic. People think we're super posh and loaded now and screw it, they can live with that impression, even though my westie blood curdles at the thought.

I seemed to have entered a new phase. One where I'm still silently depressed but power on anyway. I like living in a fuller house (power in numbers?). Natasha's the same age as our au-pair, named Rachel, and stayed over on the weekend. We all went the art gallery, Symphony in the Domain, watched every Johnny Depp movie we had at home (Chocolat, Willy Wonka, Finding Neverland and Pirates of the Carribean), went to the beach, swam and ate ice cream every damn night.

I love living in a fuller house.
posted by kazumi at 6:21 pm

2 Comments:

Cool. Glad to hear things are going well. How did you find your au pair?
Blogger junebee, at 6:52 am  
A good friend recommended the service (Au-pair Australia) and I applied online through their website (www.aupair.com.au).

If you were in Australia, I'd highly recommend them.
Blogger kazumi, at 10:55 am  

Add a comment