The Contingency Plan

Monday, January 02, 2006

so here you are New Year

six hours until countdown and we're swimming in a large pool of water
dad's house
luc is throwing our naked boy in the air
splashing him down to zooooom through the turquoise
five hours and we're driving home
searching for bottle shops
buying the expensive bubbly
still shaking water out of our hair
four hours and we're sweating
fighting
but is it love?
three hours and we're still there
screwing this and that
hopeful
but still sweating
two hours and I'm in bed
relieved
Hugo's sleeping
but our new portable air conditioner is
certainly awake
one hour and we're making french toast
talking for the first time in days
serious conversation
'what would you do if you won the 32 mil lotto?"
the house is silent
but contently cheerful
we anticipate a night of togetherness
but then...
dad calls
invades our silent celebration
comes over within 15 mins.
we add another glass to our couple on the table
happy new year
posted by kazumi at 4:23 pm

6 Comments:

Cool poem. But you need to hook your dad up with someone. I'm guessing you live close to him now so he may be showing up alot.

I think if we threw our Branch into the air we would hurt not only him but ourselves and we'd go to jail for child abuse! He's 34 pounds. I can barely lift him out of his high chair!
Blogger junebee, at 6:41 am  
Thanks Junebee. I can't seem to write sentences lately so this will do ;)

I can't believe how big Branch is!! Oh. My. God. Perhaps the water would be good for that element of weightlessness!
Blogger kazumi, at 9:13 am  
I'm so glad you guys bought an air conditioner! Every time I hear the weather for Sydney I think about you guys.
Blogger Bente, at 11:20 am  
Bente I am also glad. It's a portable model, so not as good as the standard ones, but still provided great relief on those days of 45 degree heat! Glad your model's working again.
Blogger kazumi, at 9:51 am  
We had a portable one in our previous house. It was noisy, but still provided relief from the heat when we needed it. Happy New Year, by the way! I forgot to say that in the last post. :)
Blogger Bente, at 10:24 am  
Yes the portable one we have is also very noisy, but it's definitely better than nothing!!!

And Happy New Year to you too :)
Blogger kazumi, at 7:27 pm  

Add a comment