The Contingency Plan

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Thank God it's Saturday morning!

This week I planned a launch event, received the creative journal of a brilliant friend to read (oh, the words are so so so good), taught Hugo where his nose is and how to hi-5, waged a war against minor birds (fucking HATE them, became a crazed woman, chasing the birds out of my home with broomsticks and fists of rage to prevent them stealing food or shitting on the couch), interviewed a lovely Dutch girl for an au-pair position, attended Uncle Eddy's funeral (first one I've been to where there were hundreds and hundreds of people, gasp! an open coffin, people wailing... everywhere and where I had to creep to the back of the church where no one could see me, flag down my poor father and tell him to stop speaking as his 30 minute eulogy was quite enough), and to top it off, will gyrate for a couple hours at a pole dancing lesson tonight. Please don't ask. Yes, my camera will be coming with me. No, there will be no photos of me.

But before I go, I have a question for you all...

After the funeral yesterday, I was having lunch with the family and Mum informed us that my Grandmother knows Uncle Camel died. She knows this because he apparently visits her dreams to explain the situation.

In one dream, he apologises and says he cannot visit her anymore because he can not come (Chinese translation to English looses the power of his words) so my Grandmother knows everything, details no one has told her, is telling people she only has one son now as the other died and keeps telling everyone it's ok as she understands.

Freaky.

Maternal instincts? The Supernatural? What do you think?
posted by kazumi at 10:14 am

4 Comments:

Geez, that is wierd. Maybe your Grandmother heard of your Uncle's passing via a source you are unaware of.

When it comes to nannies, I highly recommend South Americans. But then, you probably don't have many South Americans in Australia, do you?
Blogger junebee, at 1:32 pm  
Wow! That is so interesting. I believe it's possible he is visiting her in her dreams. That's pretty cool, really.

Have fun at your pole dancing class! And I just wanted to add that it's not fair that we don't get to see photos of you. (Any photos, I mean, not just pole dancing ones!) ;)
Blogger Bente, at 1:43 pm  
I've heard a lot of people telling stories of dead loved ones coming to people in dreams to say good-bye. I'd say Maternal Instincts plus Supernatural.
Blogger MC Etcher, at 3:48 pm  
I initially thought the same thing as you Junebee but everyone's been extremely discreet about my Uncle's death, especially due to my Grandmother's frail health so who knows.

Don't know what to say about the South American bit though... of course we have South Americans here!!! Naturally not as many as other places in the world (like South America) but despite recent news of racial unrest, Sydney is a very multicultural city. Nevertheless, I don't think I'd hire a nanny just because she was of a certain ethnicity :)

Sorry about the lack of photos Bente.

And Mc Etcher that's so strange... I wonder how the dead access the dreams of the living. Perhaps it's the only time we're open to 'seeing' them? Where's John Edwards when you need him........
Blogger kazumi, at 2:12 pm  

Add a comment