The Contingency Plan

Monday, February 13, 2006

Moving onto bigger things??

My laptop is sick at the moment so I'm writing from Luc's huge 24 inch screen. I feel very exposed with my thoughts typed out on this large piece of equipment, so different to my lovely little laptop. I hope it gets better soon. Luc's managed to backup most of my files but I'm not happy people, not happy!

Hugo and Rachael are at playgroup at the moment and by the time they gets home Hugo will be ready for a nap. Yay! I know there's nothing wrong, but he's now 15 months old and still isn't walking. It stresses me out and yes, I do lay awake at night thinking about it but knowing that he'll get to it in 'his own time'. Babies obviously have no sense of time so I can just see myself carrying around a huge three year old monstricity, rocking myself to sleep at night, arms crossed, mumbling 'in his own time, in his own time'.

Anyhow, before checking on my laptop again, I'd like to otherwise like to report that work is going well. Although business is solid, we're happy it's not booming as we're still getting used to working with much smaller brands and all the admin that accompanies a business. Boo. The media reacts differently to the smaller guys so we're finding our groove there too.

I'm meeting with my former investor this Wednesday for coffee so that should be interesting. We meant to do it last year but it didn't work out and I'm thankful for that as I feel like I'm in a much better head space now. I have a strong desire to meet up with all the amazing people I worked with in that crazy dotcom time. My old investor still runs a successful VC firm, along with a million other money-making ventures and was very quick to reply and schedule a coffee time, which felt nice.

Chloe and I also have a new business meeting on the house-boat of a potential Client. I love the mad ones so I'm looking forward to it.
posted by kazumi at 10:16 am

2 Comments:

Kazumi, the Branch is nearly 14 months and he's not walking either. He is, however, pushing a ride-on toy and walking behind it. He is also edging his way along while holding onto the front of the futon or edge of the coffee table. (The Blossom pushed ride-on toys and walked along holding onto furniture prior to walking independenly.) The Branch is also more than 35 pounds so he is QUITE the load the carry 'round. I told my mom that the Branch must not have got the e-mail that it's "time to walk" since his sis the Blossom is walking. Here in the states the docs don't worry until the child reaches 18 months and doesn't walk. Four months doesn't seem like much time to you and I but it's a long time for our little branches.

My laptop died right before Christmas so the Citizen got me this new Compaq V2000. I really like it, although I lost alot of stuff that was on the IBM Thinkpad (hand-me-down from my husband), which again makes me resolve to put everything on Yahoo in my e-mail or on a disc, someplace accessible.

Glad to hear your business is going well and your nanny is working well.
I wish I could start some sort of home-based business (not something stupid like stuffing envelopes). To be honest with you, I'm getting bored.
Blogger junebee, at 1:27 pm  
Wow Branch is a big boy!

I know I shouldn't worry... it's a waste of time, but it sometimes seems to come with the title of 'mother'. Every other toddler we come across his age is walking, hm, should really let go.

Laptop is still in hospital. Not necessarily a bad thing as I'm working more efficiently right now so I'm not upstairs all the time.

I understand the boredom. I think it's one of my main motivations.
Blogger kazumi, at 9:10 am  

Add a comment