The Contingency Plan

Thursday, February 16, 2006

So how are you?

At first I passed it off as just a bad day.

Had three media knock backs on a damn good story I'd worked so hard on (all because they thought everyone else would cover it), discovered my older sister's maternal father had died, burnt the banana bread and the canneloni, had a horrid night of sleep with Hugo waking up consistently because of his teeth.

And then a new day.

A ten minute trip took an hour making me late for a hopeful meeting that resulted in nothing. Discovered, while on a beautiful walk with Luc through the city, a problem I'd experienced once I'd given birth had re-occurred and I'd unknowingly shit myself. It wasn't too bad, but oh, what a heart-breaking low. Sat in the public cubicle for 10 minutes silently sobbing while stripping myself of everything soiled, mainly my favourite undies in the tampon bin. Thanked God for black clothing.

Came home determined to power on. Kept working. Called friends who weren't around. Gave my exhausted lover a foot rub. Made spaghetti with ricotta and oven roasted vegetables for dinner but somehow under-catered for all.

And today after a tiring morning with a grumpy toddler, my brother called with a surprise of my uncle on the other end. He arrived from Taiwan two days ago but no one had told me. The scene was joyful in the background, lots of talk and laughter. They had already made the dinner reservation plan I was suppose to organise. They were all going away together tomorrow. I heard my mother in the distance saying 'no, we can't see her tonight, we're busy'.
posted by kazumi at 12:59 pm

2 Comments:

Ah, we all have different versions of bad days I guess.

It's a funny coincidence, what you wrote as an entry for today is a version of your bad day, and what I wrote as an entry for today (2-15, since we're hours behind Australia), is also a version of a bad day.

At least, reading blogs which make me realize I am not alone somehow alleviates part of the problem.

Have a good day.
Blogger Jeruen, at 3:38 pm  
Hope tomorrow's a better day for you.
Blogger junebee, at 6:23 am  

Add a comment