The Contingency Plan

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Complaints, Crushes and Number Crunches

Despite my three hour siesta yesterday I went to bed early last night (around 10ish) and woke at 7.30am today feeling much better. Also had a good portion of red meat and tofu for dinner to boost my protein and iron levels.

Cooking for Rachael has it's challenges as she's quite fussy and doesn't eat meat, seafood or anything too spicy (basically my whole diet right there). I've been accommodating this in our meals so far as I can't be fucked making two different kinds but give in. I need my meat, seafood and chilli. So does Luc.

***

I think I've been watching too many top model shows as I've started to say 'fierce' in every day language. I love the show but sometimes questions whether we really need more models in the world?

***

Our current real estate agents required 100 points of identification when applying for the lease with demanded bank details for a direct transfer of rent, so I thought they'd have their shit together.

No such luck.

We received a call from them two weeks ago so say someone had recorded our details incorrectly, saying that we'd paid the rent for the year. Obviously this wasn't the case meaning our rent hadn't been deducted since we moved in last year. We owed over five grand and although we could pay it, I was still pissed off at their incompetance. It took them almost five months to realise the mistake!

What is it with this industry?

***

Jack emailed me today but I stopped replying after a few short notes. The correspondence left me feeling depressed. I know he'll be at book club tomorrow night and I'm not sure how I feel about seeing him again, even though we left things between us amicably.

***

Although we've paid off all of our recent debts, Luc and I have decided to sell our car and put the money towards his business. I thought I would care, but I'm seriously not fussed about driving around a cheaper car. Although we've had our challenges and sacrifices, I feel we're really pushing ahead towards something, although I don't quite know what that is...

***

People I currently have a crush on include Ellen, Brendan Moar (gardener on his own cable tv show called Moar Gardening) and maybe Tyra Banks. Love Ellen the bestest though.

***

Is anyone (besides project completing primary school students) even remotely interested in the upcoming Commonwealth Games?

***
posted by kazumi at 3:41 pm

2 Comments:

We've been lucky with cooking for Nannys A. and G. They like most of the things we like, except spicy food. We eat spicy stuff on the weekends or when we go out.

Those real estate agents are totally lame. I don't know about Down Under, but here, such an occurence could go against your credit score (showing you didn't pay your rent, which decreases your credit score) and it would not be your fault. I really don't allow anyone to draw money right out of my bank account, except the master for my martial arts classes. Everyone else can just wait and get a check.

Not sure about the Commonwealth games, saw it advertised on SMH. I really don't care about much in the sports world, except Ahn Jung-Hwan, Korean soccer player!
Blogger junebee, at 1:58 am  
Ha! Your obession with Ahn Jung-Hwan is something beyond me. I've strangely never been sexually attracted to an Asian male.

Real estate agents check an industry database here when investigating someone's references so if we had genuinely not paid our rent and left the property our names would be blacklisted and we'd probably find it hard to lease another place.

This obviously isn't the case, just stupid of the agents the use a direct deposit facility to avoid late rent payments, screw up and not notice for so long! Although it's all sorted, just wanted to vent my frustration.
Blogger kazumi, at 4:56 pm  

Add a comment