The Contingency Plan

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I <3 Haruki Murakami

I'm so tired. I know this will sound melodramatic, but I feel like the core of my body is worn-out. And that explains why I haven't been updating. I had a three hour nap with Hugo today and woke up still weary. Blah. Exhausted. Need more sleep. Need more meat?? Need to stop, collaborate and listen.

I've started reading a beautiful book, 'The Wind-up Bird Chronicle" by Haruki Murakami. Oh I love it. I think this will be the first book I'll finish in over a year. I have book club this Thursday night so I'm hoping to finish it before then, though I doubt I will.

I've read his "Norwegian Wood" book twice. And after reading it went through a big 'I love all things Japanese' phase, which is why I have a Japanese psuedonymn. When I read his words I feel like the world and all my raging thoughts are quiet and still.
posted by kazumi at 5:38 pm

3 Comments:

Can you post a little bit of info about this book? I may want to read it!

I used to think you were Japanese by your blogname. When I told the Citizen you were part Chinese he said "I thought she was Japanese!". I said "well, I only assumed that because she had a Japanese-sounding blogname."
Blogger junebee, at 4:17 am  
I just started reading this too. Page 26~
Blogger pomdeguerre, at 6:34 am  
I've also read Norwegian Wood twice! I love that book. I started the Wind-Up Bird Chronicle once but haven't finished it.

I've heard really great things about it, I think I wasn't in the right mindset when I was reading it. I think I'm ready to try it again.

I need more fiction recommendations, I'd love to hear more!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:37 pm  

Add a comment