The Contingency Plan

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

In passing

I think this would be the saddest way to go. Alone. For months. Decomposing. Neighbours calling the cops after realising your mail is accumilating, you're never around and of course there's the stench.

Rachel tells me the same could've happened to her grandmother. She lived two hours away, went a little nuts in the end and kept accusing everyone of trying to steal her money. Tensions rose, they barely saw eachother.

Even though my parents infuriate me, I couldn't let them fade away, alone like this. It's heart breaking. Pointless.

Sometimes I think that's why there are so many bloggers around. I don't think we're writing for ourselves, but to create a public account of our thoughts and lives. I wrote a journal for years and would often wonder who would read it when I'm not around anymore.

After the spade of deaths I experienced recently I wrote thoughts about my funeral and belongings in my journal and of course mentioned this blog as otherwise, how would you know if I'd just given up writing here, like I'd contemplated so many times before. But I'm sure you'll all be stuck with me for a looong while to come though :)
posted by kazumi at 10:33 am

3 Comments:

I certainly hope so! (The being stuck with you for a long time, that is.)
Blogger Bente, at 11:06 am  
I don't know, I would have sort of worried about you and missed hearing about Hugo. At one point you said you may discontinue this blog and go off and start a new one, so I would have thought, well, she just did that and doesn't want to be found.

I hate to be a nosey neighbor but you never know. My nextdoor neighbors are older but active. The man still works part-time as a pharmacist at the VA (Veteran's Administration) Hospital.
They always, always ask me to pick up their mail and newspapers if they go away. A couple of months ago there were about 3 days worth of papers. His car was in the driveway (it always is), but it was possible they took her car which is always in the garage. I picked up the papers and mail. The next day she called and was very nice about it, she said she forgot to tell me they were going away. I told her I didn't want to be a nosey neighbor, their business is their business. But I gave serious thought to calling the police. But I didn't want the neighbors to think I was butting into their business. Heck, maybe they had to leave town on an emergency and it was none of my business.

The Citizen asked yesterday if Hugo was walking, I said I didn't think so or you would have put it on the blog. Dont' worry, the Branch isn't walking yet either.
Blogger junebee, at 12:48 pm  
Hey Bente how are you?!

And Junebee I should've made my thoughts clearer when I suggested a new blog... At times it's hard to write about how I'm feeling, especially when there are distant friends with this blog address who I don't quite trust. I don't know if they read this and don't want to start censoring myself. Nevertheless I've decided to stick around :) I really like everyone who comments and gets in touch with me and don't want to give up because of suspicion and fear.

No, Hugo's not walking yet. I think they'll be a BIG celebration when he does!!!!
Blogger kazumi, at 2:53 pm  

Add a comment