The Contingency Plan

Monday, March 27, 2006

System restart

I think I've started this post about fifteen times. And couldn't write earlier because of the obsessive thoughts. Mainly really random things about the accident.

Was it was wise to not look at the body?

I later found out through the Police that the man who died was only 24. And then obsessed about his poor family.

And Chloe took it really well. She just thought the guy was a fool for speeding and moved on.

But I remember speeding on so many occassions.

The whole experience was so surreal. It still is. And I still find myself feeling sad, dispondent and depressed but it's turning into some healthy rage. And you can never have too much of that.
posted by kazumi at 12:32 am

4 Comments:

It's got to be mind-boggling to see a life snuffed out before your very eyes, even someone you didn't know.
Blogger junebee, at 6:28 am  
Sounds traumatic ~
Blogger pomdeguerre, at 11:06 am  
That kind of experience has to be mind-altering. I can see how it would cause one to think about some pretty major existential issues. I can't imagine facing the fragility of life so up close and personal.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:59 pm  
Yes, the whole experience was so mind-boggling. When I close my eyes I can almost take myself back to the accident, the memory is so vivid.

One of the things that strikes me is the randomness of it all. The poor man who died was speeding one day in the rain - it was as simple as that. So random.

Makes me think differently about getting old - with so many diseases, freak accidents and violence around we're lucky to be getting older!
Blogger kazumi, at 11:52 pm  

Add a comment