The Contingency Plan

Thursday, March 16, 2006

They're red, tall and very retro

Charlie got married last Saturday.

Her parents are older, in their early seventies and recently invested their life savings in a man who ran away and left them bare. Once very wealthy, they now live a modest life.

Nevertheless the bride and groom shared the most emotional and heartfelt speeches that melted our cynical exterior a little. The room became rather 'smokey' and even ice queen Penelope shed a single tear.

While eating dinner Pen and I reminised over the years of friendship we've shared, particularly the birthdays we've shared and how we'll soon be turning 27. We're now closer to 30 than to 20 and it doesn't feel all bad.

And while we were wrapped in slight fear and nostaliga Luc suggested we all go out for a very expensive dinner. Just the four of us. Rach or my mother can look after Hugo, we can get dressed up, drink plenty of wine and enjoy an opulent meal. What a wonderful idea! I love it when Luc thinks of really thoughtful ideas that impress me and my girlfriends.

I can't wait.

Maybe with this upcoming birthday these adult shoes I've been wearing will fit a little more.
posted by kazumi at 4:01 pm

1 Comments:

Nice warm and fuzzy post (except for the poor couple that were ripped off by a con artist, of course).

Enjoy your night out with friends. I'm planning one of those soon, only the Citizen doesn't know it yet!
Blogger junebee, at 1:49 am  

Add a comment