The Contingency Plan

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Things I like about staying awake looong into the night:

1. The almost naughty silence
2. The music on tv/radio, it's a little more relaxed and not trying to impress its younger audience with candy
3. The way my mind seems to gain clarity and revel in words, connections, beautiful things
4. The indulgent time that's just mine
5. Risking it by going to the loo with the doors wiiiide open or walking around semi-nude

I feel like I'm on the verge of getting sick. My throat is a little constricted, lacking moisture and my body feels drained. Hugo's been sick and I live in a constant state of fear when he's like this.

And we'll be busy this weekend too. I have Charlie's hens 'afternoon tea' tomorrow afternoon, four friends coming over for dinner tomorrow night and more social engagements on Sunday. Luc's also meeting with my old investors on Monday 13th regarding his business so nearly every of his waking moments is filled.

I might cancel everything to stay indoors with my boy.
posted by kazumi at 12:04 am

2 Comments:

I get the same feeling if I get up insanely early, such as 5 AM.

Hope you feel better soon and Hugo too.
Blogger junebee, at 10:24 am  
I like the way you refer to silence as naughty...
Blogger Jeruen, at 2:22 pm  

Add a comment