The Contingency Plan

Friday, April 07, 2006

I really dislike shopping. I used to love hunting through shops for hours looking for the perfect outfit or accessory but who could be bothered? I'd rather buy something online or research what I want online and just go out and get it.

I think the main reason why I can't get no (retail) satisfaction is because everything is so sterile and mass produced. Regardless of trends, I'm not going to purchase something because it's in fashion. It has to have a 'feel' to it and I have to 'mesh' with that feel. I love interior design magazines but even they seem too polished this month. Boo. Sydney seems to love coordinating everything to the max. Ivy and I were having a discussion about it earlier in the week. She came over to use some of our new-skool technology for her old-school photography so it was a good chance to catch up as well.

Anyway, we were unsatisfied. Unsatisfied? Dis-satified? Huh.

Oh it's been a busy week. I have neglected this blog among other things. Chloe and I are absolutely swamped with work. We have over ten clients now. Fuck. We might have to hire someone on a freelance basis if it continues. I also helped a friend by writing a small article for the Sydney Morning Herald but forgot to check/save a copy of the paper from that day as I got sick, was too swamped and then Alannah called with news of her miscarriage. Double, triple boo. Who forgets??

My ovaries are hurting so I have to go to the doctor again. And I'm watching so much America's Next Top Model that I keep dreaming about it. Not fierce bitches.
posted by kazumi at 9:39 pm

3 Comments:

Well, the food of business is a good thing, isn't it?

I hate shopping for clothes. I just hate wandering in and out of stores looking for things. I like shopping online but I wouldn't buy clothes online. You're right, everything does look so mass produced but if you wanna buy something exotic or unique, it costs and arm and a leg.

Hope you feel better.
Blogger junebee, at 12:11 am  
It's great that your business is booming! I'm pretty darn happy for you about that.

As for shopping, I love shopping for Elli, but for myself not-so-much. I've always been like that, though. It always seems that the only time I see things I would like for myself are when I have no money to buy them.

Sad news about your friend's miscarriage. I hope she is doing ok. I couldn't imagine what that would feel like.
Blogger Bente, at 2:50 pm  
Alannah's going ok. She was pretty upset after the miscarriage and the most frustrating thing about it is that the medical 'professionals' she dealt with rebuked her for being emotional about it.

I could've cracked some heads when I heard that story.

Anyway. I LOVE shopping for Hugo but not so much for myself anymore. Oh well.
Blogger kazumi, at 10:16 am  

Add a comment