The Contingency Plan

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Hairy rebels

During the winter months I like to rebel against the 'need' for women to be consistently groomed. I neglect to shave my legs and armpits for weeeks, refuse to pluck my eyebrows or wax my bikini line and somedays don't wear deoderant. I just love it. The hairiness, the smells, it feels very grounding and earthy........... And then on a lonely and patient day I'll shave, wax, pluck, groom and revel in the polished smoothness of my skin, how the contours of my legs look different, as well as the shape of my face and size of my eyes, it's all very vain and quite indulgent.
posted by kazumi at 6:31 pm

1 Comments:

I've sort of slacked off on that myself since becoming a stay-at-home parent. But I don't let it get too out of control.
Blogger junebee, at 11:17 am  

Add a comment