The Contingency Plan

Sunday, May 07, 2006

It's been another fine autum day. The weather's been warm yet windy so I've done four loads of laundry and spent hours outside with Hugo in the garden.

I sorely missed his company during the week. There were a few days where I barely saw him, and when I would come home he'd spend some time angry and hitting me. I think it's because he was upset I was gone. Bad Mummy.

Part time work with Chloe has turned into a full time occupation as the number of clients we take on increases. At times we think to slow down or respond to less new business briefs, but work isn't stable yet so we may really need it later on. Who knows?

A sticky date pudding has just finished baking in the oven. I still need to make the accompanying toffee sauce. Yum. We're having juicy steak sandwiches tonight for dinner and the pudding for dessert. A number of scotch fillet steaks have been marinating for hours now and will be accompanied by a chick pea and tomato mash, rocket and fresh turkish bread, slightly toasted. I'm really looking forward to it.

Although I'm working more, life still seems to be quite balanced. Luc and I usually entertain or hang out with friends on Saturdays and Sundays are sleep in days, filled with reading the paper, doing chores inbetween naps and movies and then a hot and comforting meal at night. I just love the weekends.

I'd like to spend more time with Hugo this week but we're currently organising four launch events so it may not be realistic... Here's to hoping.
posted by kazumi at 4:23 pm

2 Comments:

Sounds like a nice routine, if a bit of a change for Hugo. What do you marinate steaks in? I'm always looking for something good to cook on the grill.
Blogger junebee, at 4:52 am  
Ohh, it depends on what I'm feeling like. My usual for steaks though is (this is for a four steak night, all measurements are approximate):

* 2 grated/minced/finely chopped cloves of garlic
* Soy sauce (enough to cover each steak and then some)
* 2 teaspoons corn flour
* 3 teaspoons of sugar
* Freshly ground salt and pepper
* Optional glug of red wine

Sometimes I replace the soy with worcestershire sauce.... x
Blogger kazumi, at 12:25 pm  

Add a comment