The Contingency Plan

Friday, May 12, 2006

I've often heard that people feel the need to pop out another kid once their first becomes a toddler. I can now see why. There's something about seeing a miniature version of you (or your partner) trying to eat but missing his mouth, bartering his way out of trouble in his own language, and tapping your back as he hugs you that makes you think it has to be multiplied.

But there are a few things Hugo likes to do that aren't real crowd pleasers. And even though people may not get them, I just love them (with exception to the last).

He likes sitting in the rain (I've only let him do it a couple times during summer and it's straight in the bath afterwards).

He has a penchant for flip flops. Likes to steal them, hide them, and sometimes lick them.

He also loves my armpits. He likes to squish all of his fingers in one of them, smell them and wait.... I've even caught him trying to lick them too.

If he reeeally likes you then you'll have to smell his feet. He'll take off his socks and raise his little feet until they're riiiight in your face. He'll be laughing the whole time. This is probably my fault as I've been smelling his feet since he was born.

And if I let him, he loves to pull and twist my nipples when he's breastfeeding (feed from one, twist the other) and gets horribly upset if I don't let him.

So even though he's just one, he has a foot, armpit and nipple fettish.

Yep, just your typical toddler stuff.
posted by kazumi at 10:31 am

4 Comments:

Oh, I thought his foot, armpit and nipple fetishes were just typical guy stuff!

I hug and kiss Toddler Branch and Toddler Blossom as much as possible because I know soon enough they won't want me to even touch them!

I love the Branch's feet too, they are just so square and chubby. I always kiss them!
Blogger junebee, at 3:43 am  
Hee, how cute! And, uh... painful! The armpit fetish is hilarious. I hadn't heard that before. Hope you are doing well! I love your new design, by the way.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:26 pm  
Junebee: I do the same with Hugo! I'm so affectionate and Hugo's already too busy playing to kiss me these days but is still a sucker for a good cuddle. Phew!

Thanks Kyra! I'm glad you like the new design. Mum thinks Hugo likes my armpits because they're close to my breasts and remind him of my smell. Yep, really classy stuff.
Blogger kazumi, at 10:17 am  
Well if this entry doesn't capture the joy of toddlers, I don't know what does! Hilarious and *sniff*...makes me miss my babies.
Blogger Adriana Bliss, at 5:52 am  

Add a comment