The Contingency Plan

Monday, June 05, 2006

Cry Baby

I think I must have really hurt or offended someone as the past weekend has just been horrendous. Karma? Coincidence? I don't know...

As you all know, I fell down some stairs on Friday night in the rain, grazing both knees and deeply cutting my left shin.

Saturday afternoon Rachel, our au-pair told me that she's not leaving in September but actually at the beginning of July, yes four weeks away, so she can go travelling around the country. Have I previously mentioned she was originally leaving in December?

Then on Saturday night I had food poisoning and spent the next 24 hours nausiated, vomitting, with diahorreah, the lot - it was so bad that I couldn't drink anything for over 12 hours as I would just throw it back up. It's been nearly 48 hours and all I've eaten is two pieces of toast, two plain rice cakes and five mouthfulls of porridge. Yay for my waist line.

Thankfully I'm feeling much better today. Strong enough to reach the computer, continue work and have a third of the media expected to a launch this week cancel... because of the RAIN.

Waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh~!~
posted by kazumi at 5:50 pm

4 Comments:

Yikes!

Take care of yourself, woman.

Things have to be looking up soon.
Blogger portuguesa nova, at 10:09 am  
Oh no, I'm so sorry! Things can only get better from here, right?

I have been reading, but have not been so good about commenting. Hope things begin to improve soon!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:06 pm  
Oh thanks guys.

I'm feeling MUCH better now!!
Blogger kazumi, at 1:28 am  
Oh geeze that just sucks all around.

I hear you on the nanny leaving. We had thought maybe Nanny G. would stay a year but she stayed 7 months with us. We did only ask for a verbal commitment of 6 so she really did exceed expectations. Luckily we got Nanny A. back.
Blogger junebee, at 2:49 am  

Add a comment