The Contingency Plan

Thursday, June 15, 2006

I was just reading through my Top 100 when I realised a few things have changed....

9. After a shower, I always moisturize - I try, but don't always have the time now. Since having Hugo I've managed to reduce my 'getting ready' time to just 15 mins and yes, this includes having a shower, brushing my teeth, doing my hair, getting dressed and perhaps slapping on some makeup

11. I'm 25 and disheartened - I'm 27 now and tired but hopeful

18. Reading is one of my favourite pastimes - I didn't finish a single book last year and have only read one this year

23. I'm comfortable being naked - Having a baby changed this a little, I'm still getting used to the stretch marks

27. I love going out for brunch
28. I like my eggs poached or scrambled
29. I have a weakness for sleeping in

... reads the last three, drools and dreams....

47. I like playing video games, RPGs in particular - don't play video games anymore. Perhaps I'm over that phase, shrug.

64. I don't find cleaning enjoyable. I wish I had a maid - A weekly cleaner and an au-pair with "light housework duties" will cover that off, tick!

74. I've never been in hospital
75. I've never had stitches - Hugo changed all of that

Wow, all of those changes were due to Hugo, my blonde haired boy who currently loves to lick my face (laughing hysterically the whole time), feed me his half eaten, half sucked food, watch buses and trucks zoooom by, read books, smile/stare at pretty girls, and kiss, wave and shake hands with anyone leaving.

He says 'no' with a really strong Aussie twang.
posted by kazumi at 11:36 pm

6 Comments:

I used to go out for brunch, too. Sigh.

Sorry you're sick. We're sharing that enjoyable experience at the moment. :)

It's been too long. XO's.
Blogger Frank Beekman, at 8:34 am  
I've never been able to do this moisturize thing everyday... I am a girl and yet I can't (or maybe don't want to) find time to do it :-)
Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:52 am  
Hello there Frank, yes it has been too long. If only we could share brunch and not just germs... :)

And I understand your point about moisturising Manie, it does add considerable time to the whole showering process, especially since you have to rub the cream in and can't just slap it on and be done with it.
Blogger kazumi, at 3:02 pm  
How funny...I'm right with you on the reduced "getting-ready" time. I can get up at 7:30 and get the kids to school by 8:00. Um...that was like impossible before. IMPOSSIBLE. LOL

I love RPG's. Still do. Don't play like I used to, but I try.

BTW...I love your blog. You're wonderfully honest and funny and sensitive. I love coming here and reading about your complicated life.
Blogger Adriana Bliss, at 5:05 pm  
Yeah, my getting ready time has been greatly reduced too. Not that it was real long to begin with!
Blogger junebee, at 10:13 am  
Thank you so much Adriana :)

I get so hooked onto RPGs - that whole "escape your life and live another without any major consequences" factor. Not that my life is all bad, I'm sure you know what I mean. They are quite time consuming though, which is why I can't indulge as much. I'll just have to wait until Hugo's a little older ;)

I do the same thing with playgroup as you do with school. When I was younger I would have an outfit even to walk to the shop, unheard of now! lol

And Junebee, I used to always admire people who didn't take long to get ready!
Blogger kazumi, at 12:23 pm  

Add a comment