The Contingency Plan

Friday, June 09, 2006

The rain is still torrential here in Sydney and has been for over a week now. Luc and Hugo are cuddled in bed watching a movie. They're beckoning me to join but I feel compelled to blog.

We had another media event this week. The rain was heavy, there was another event on that afternoon (held by a major major beauty company) and we were the new kids on the block. I had a staff of 20, caterers with mouth-watering canapes, very cute mixologists ('bardender' is so 1900s) and fear that no one would come. So many had already cancelled.

But no, the hire cars kept coming and in came a full house. My client is ecstatic, we bonded sooo well with the media and the client responded with beautiful flowers and a free two hour treatment. I'm so happy.

I'm having trouble concentrating tonight. I hope these sentences flow.

I almost regret blogging about the marriage stuff. Some days I really love the idea and other times I cringe at the thought. I don't want to come across as a woman desperate to get hitched, pressuring her boyfriend with dreams of being a princess, plans already picked out. I'm really not like that. The thought of being a princess for 'my day' makes me want to barf. Sometimes I just want it over with already so our families can get over it and focus on something else.

I was chatting to Luc's Mom last week and she was complaining about why Luc hasn't asked me yet. She thinks it's well overdue and told me her current life mission was to get us married and get Hugo Christened. Okay...

Thank God we live in Australia.

Anyhow, I've tried finishing this entry on four different occassions and it's never going to happen so I'll leave it 'to be continued'....
posted by kazumi at 8:20 pm

2 Comments:

Well, you know, the families. Always something to bug us about! :)
Blogger junebee, at 2:51 am  
Yes, you're right. Favourites for our family are: marriage, more kids, christening of our existing child, buying a house, moving closer and then taking/sending through more pictures.

I imagine it's the same for most families though....
Blogger kazumi, at 3:13 pm  

Add a comment