The Contingency Plan

Friday, July 28, 2006

Over the shoulder

Over the past week I've fallen victim to a strong case of nostalgia. I keep thinking about high school, friends I haven't seen in years, I've googled, called and written emails, revelled in the mock investigative work.

I even rang my old high school today to find out whether a 10 year reunion has already/will be taking place. Nope, nothing. I was secretly relieved to know I hadn't missed out, even though I would question my attendance. Apparently these events are held close to the end of the year. They asked if I wanted to coordinate it. I would if I kept in touch with anyone.

And I keep thinking about my high school crushes. I can still conjure up the intensity of those first-time emotions, the jitters, the way they BAM took hold.

I never pursued any of them (out of fear of not wanting to hurt the feelings of friends also bearing the same crush), so instead I flirted like mad, danced at the borders, gave myself a million makeovers, wrote bad poetry and pined.

And you??
posted by kazumi at 11:38 am

2 Comments:

I really didn't like high school. It was just something to get through to get to college. Now college is a different story!
Blogger junebee, at 8:51 am  
aha! so what was college like for you then??
Blogger kazumi, at 6:07 pm  

Add a comment