The Contingency Plan

Friday, August 25, 2006

I do but wish I didn't

Urgh. Although I was insanely bored at the time, I really wish I did not start to plan an imaginary wedding.

And I really really wish I didn't tell anyone that I was doing it. Especially not my mother and two of my closest friends.

*deep sigh*

Oh how my expectations and hopes in that department have increased - so much so, that I sat Luc down two nights ago and said that if he doesn't plan to marry me soon that I want to move on and be with someone, who after six years of unity and a child will want to marry me!!!!

And all of this started because I began choosing dresses and cakes.

Weddings are trouble.

And to make matters worse, we attended a really beautiful, heart-felt, emotional wedding on Saturday, one of my closest friends got engaged on Monday and met with a prominent personality yesterday who wants to expand their profile in the high-end wedding market.

It's so cruel.

And the irony lies in the fact that I'm not even impressed with Luc lately. He's being totally irrational and irresponsible, but still, I want to get married.

God help me. Or someone out there marry me. Please. Now.
posted by kazumi at 3:46 pm

8 Comments:

What is that saying? That which you love most in your betrothed is what you'll hate the most later on...or that which you hate now, will cause you untold misery later...or is it, that which causes you indifference now will drive you purely insane down the line...

Nahh...none of that is true! Follow your heart, certainly Luc will too. :)
Blogger Adriana Bliss, at 4:39 pm  
I'll marry you, kazumi. The maybe Luc will get jealous and come to his senses. ;)
Blogger Bente, at 4:46 pm  
You have a good point - you and Luc do have 6 years and child together. He needs to get off the stick and do the right thing.
Blogger junebee, at 8:11 am  
I blame the hormones. Outbursts and sudden emotional urges are always their fault, right?? ;)

I hope we follow our hearts on this one Adriana. It seems at times we're moreso following our budget though as this is what it all seems to be resting on, like lots of things I guess.

Thanks Bente!!! What flattery!! Nothing gets people talking like two families torn apart by a lesbian affair, haha ;)

And Junebee, I bloody hope Luc "gets off his stick too" :)
Blogger kazumi, at 4:39 pm  
Hi! I agree, weddings are trouble! Men can be weird with their emotions and about marriage. I'm sure Luc already realizes what a jem he has in you, and everything will fall nicely into place. You're the woman he chose to be mother of his child, that should also mean that you're the one he choses to be his wife!

When I first started dating my husband, I had no idea how he felt about me. It made me feel kinda awkward. It wasn't until Easter (two months after we were dating), when he brought me a huge box filled with Easter candy (and only white chocolate- I can't eat the other kind) and he told me that he loved me (and had never told that to anyone before) that I realized how he felt and how big of a deal it was for him to do that for me.

Also, thanks for writing such a personal post. It was very refreshing to read, and it reminds me that blogs are meant to pound out our feelings and shouldn't always be censored. I've been having some difficulty with that lately....
Blogger aaa, at 11:53 am  
Thanks She!

Blog censorship is always a battle. I find it especially so now that a few people I know read this blog!

When I speak to Luc, things seem so simple. He wants to be with me, wants to marry me, so there's no issue. Timing isn't a consideration as it will be done when things fall into place.

I can fester over things so I must consistently remind myself that this issue need not become complicated... :)
Blogger kazumi, at 4:50 pm  
thanks for dropping by my blog. i have to say that i am completely the opposite of you in this whole wedding deal. i've been with j. for 3 and a half years. we have a daughter together, but i NEVER want to get married. i like the idea of being my own person. not part of an entity. i think this all may have to do with a previous fiance who called off our wedding a week before it was to happen!!!

trust me they are trouble. big trouble. but, to each his own.
Blogger Writer and Nomad, at 9:52 pm  
Hey April!

I can totally understand your point about being your own person. I waver between the two, which is why writing about the issue is always a little tricky.

Wow, , what can I say about your former fiance... That would surely put me off marriage for life too!!

I'm happy to see you've moved on :)
Blogger kazumi, at 2:30 pm  

Add a comment