The Contingency Plan

Thursday, August 03, 2006

i have so much to do in preparation for the operation tomorrow but haven't been sleeping too well so instead of getting onto it i'm surfing, watching tv, staring into space....

i've been finding it hard to concentrate.

since finding out about this operation, i've felt a strong sense of being past my prime. i know, it's probably ridiculous as i'm still relatively 'young', i just don't feel all invincible or fresh anymore. my potential doesn't feel infinite, even though i'm pretty happy with my life and achievements to date.

i think this is what inspired my recent high school nostalgia.

hm. i'm tired of myself and this whole issue.
posted by kazumi at 1:51 pm

3 Comments:

Maybe after the surgery is behind you, you can look forward more. No pun intended...
Blogger junebee, at 10:36 am  
hope all goes well
Blogger SquirrleyMojo, at 10:38 pm  
Will be thinking of you and sending healing thoughts your way. I hope all goes well.

I think I can relate to some of your feelings. I'm not a mom but I'm assessing my place in life lately and starting to feel older. And I feel tired of myself, too. Maybe it's just a phase? and that's ok too. I think that's why I'm not writing on my blog much... but I just want to say, you should keep writing about things even if they tire you! It doesn't tire me... and maybe it'll inspire me (and others) to write more, too :)

Happy healing. Take care of yourself.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:48 pm  

Add a comment